The path to a successful banking career is the IBPS examination. Under the clerical category, a candidate must go through two exams and an interview before being accepted.
The IBPS Preliminary Clerk exam is conducted to gauge a candidate’s preliminary understanding of banking-related terms and topics. It is also the stepping stone to the mains exam, as only after passing it can a candidate appear for the latter. IBPS Clerk Prelims admit card is needed to enter the exam hall where the exam can be attempted.
How to Apply
There are many criteria you must fulfil to apply and be eligible to write the IBPS clerk prelims. A subset of these applies to get the IBPS Clerk Prelims admit card.
The eligibility criteria for the IBPS 2020 preliminary exam are as follows:
- The candidate must be a Bachelor’s in any subject. A Government of India recognised institution must provide the graduation certificate.
- The age of the candidate must not be under 20 years and over 28 years. Reserved candidates can have some relaxations in this criterion.
- Computer literacy is a must. The candidate must know how to operate a computer and have a basic working knowledge about it. They must either have had computer/ IT as a subject in High School/College/Institute or possess a Degree/Diploma/Graduate Certificate in Computer Operation/Language.
- The candidate must also know the local language of the state or territory that they are applying in. This includes reading, writing, and speaking proficiency.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen (you must produce an ID verifying the same). Refugees from Tibet, Nepal, or Bhutan can apply too. Any Indian origin migrant from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam who’s permanently settled or is in the process of doing so can apply too.
Filling the Application Form
The application form for the prelims exam is available online only. You must visit the official IBPS website and go through the following steps:
- Click on the link provided that takes you to the registration page for new candidates.
- In the page that opens with a form, please enter the details that are asked in it. A registration number and password will be assigned to you.
- Fill the application form with all the required details accurately. Once done, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The scanned copies of your signature, LTI, and photos of specified dimensions must then be attached.
- Enter the name of the state from where you’re applying.
- Pay the exam fees online via credit/debit cards or net banking. The fee structure for General Category is Rs. 850, Others -Rs.175.
- Print out the receipt provided and keep it safe for future reference.
The documents to be submitted for ID and other information verification are:
- PAN Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter ID
- Bank Passbook
- Any Photo ID proof issued by a Gazetted Officer
- ID card of recognised college/university
- Adhar/E-Adhar with photo ID/employee card
- School/College/University Graduation certificates
Pre-Exam and Call Letter/Admit Card
A pre-exam training course is conducted for reserved category candidates to help with them in case of poor understanding of the subjects.
The call letter/admit card for the exam is then made available about 10-12 days before the exam. Candidates must visit the IBPS website, click on the link for the same, fill in the required information, download, and print out the letter/card.
You will not be allowed in the exam hall without the card. In case of not being issued it, check immediately with the concerned authorities.
The IBPS Clerk Prelims serve as a way to further your progress in the path towards a successful banking career. The IBPS Clerk Prelims admit card is the key to that door.