Pursuing higher education needs a strong planning. It is a fruit of years of planning and preparation. At least a year is needed to plan before reaching abroad for further education. Within this one year the students are supposed to carry on with the process of preparation that on which discipline he/she is going to pursue the higher education abroad.
Let’s check on some of the pre requisites from the academic point of view before joining the international universities:
- Unusually Indian students reach the foreign shores for Master’s degree programs. There are certain tests that students will have to clear before foot stepping into any course they want to pursue.
- Students who are looking forward to have a post graduation degree in MBA the students have to clear GMAT which is the acronym of Graduate Management Admission Test. GRE is common to all. Students from India will have to clear the GRE test to get admitted in the top American universities.
- TOEFL and IELTS are important also. These are usually required for those who are joining abroad universities. These are tests of English as a foreign language. TOEFL is primarily required to study in USA while IELTS is required for the UK studies.
- IELTS and TOEFL scores are also allowed by the Canadian and Australian Universities. Some of the Caribbean universities are also allowing these scores while admission. Take these examinations 10-12 months before the deadline of the foreign universities. These tests are valid for two years. For more details you can visit http://www.ets.org/toefl and ielts.org/.
- Always be focused that what type of career course you are seeking. This is a common blunder from the sides of the Indian students. Hence, a better knowledge of the course is mandatory. Do a good research on job oriented courses while you are planning to study abroad.
- It is a better idea to join a course which you are well concerned with. Better to join that sort of a higher study course in which presently you are doing a job. To get a good position in the work arena, pursue a foreign degree, so that when you will come back you may be offered with a better position and a much higher pay package by the same company or else.
Many of the career oriented courses from UK and US are associated with better placement facilities. At the end of the course, the students are called in the campus interviews and are offered by the top corporate offices and industries. The certificate of the international university is priceless.