The realm of targeted online advertising can be enjoyed without paying for ads, but should you be shelling out a bit more and investing in pay per click (PPC) advertising? Let’s explore exactly what PPCs are and whether they will be of value to your business in upcoming marketing campaigns.
What is Pay-Per-Click Advertising?
Pay-per-click advertising is one of the most aggressive forms of paid ads, whereas companies pay a small fee each time users click on ads. These ads are considered ‘sponsored’ in a sense, so search engines like Google will place these at the top of search results when users make relevant queries.
This is why highly accurate targeted display ads are essential to avoid paying for extra clicks that don’t result in new additions to your funnel.
5 Potential Ways Businesses Can Benefit From Paid Online Advertising
There are perks to being listed at the top of the search engines through PPC ads, and here are a few.
- More Qualified Leads—When properly targeted, your relevant PPC ads will generate more leads to your site and drive traffic. Paid online advertising is your chance to lead them deeper into the funnel or at least follow your lead and tempt them across the web with other ads.
- Faster Results with PPCs—Sticking with organic SEO results takes time but pay-per-click advertising gets immediate attention as a complementary tactic.
- Drive Brand Recognition—The more your company is seen, the more recognition you build. While sales may not result immediately, this awareness can pay off over time as those users look for similar search terms.
- Get Measurable Results—You can track every aspect of these campaigns including click rate, cost-per-click and resulting sales to help you formulate even stronger ads and know what’s effective.
- Affordable Advertising—Budget caps can be set to limit what is spent on PPC ads, so you can control your spending while getting your highly targeted online advertising efforts front and center