A PMAY is an ambitious affordable housing scheme that aims to build new housing units for the poor and provide financial aid to aspiring home buyers. Read on to know how you can check your PMAY application status.
Since the introduction of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in 2015, thousands of aspiring home buyers have benefited, which has helped them be homeowners. One of the primary objectives of this landmark affordable housing initiative is to build more than two crore affordable housing units for the poor across India’s selected urban locations. The scheme aims to eliminate the slums in India and provide every citizen with a permanent residence.
Another important aspect of the PMAY scheme is the CLSS (Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme). Under the scheme, the government aims to provide financial help to aspiring home buyers by offering them a subsidy on the home loan interest rate. The percentage of the subsidy you get depends on the income group you belong to.
To ensure that every citizen gets maximum benefit from the scheme, the government has divided the potential beneficiaries into three different income categories.
- People with an annual income up to Rs. 6 lakhs are categorised as EWS/LIG and are eligible to get a subsidy of Rs. 2.67 lakhs
- People with an annual income ranging from Rs. 6 lakhs to Rs. 12 lakhs are categorised under the MIG I (middle income group) category. They are eligible to get a subsidy of Rs. 2.35 lakhs
- People with an annual household income ranging from 12 to 18 lakhs are categorised under the MIG II category, and they are eligible to get a subsidy of Rs. 2.30 lakhs
Apart from the income limitation, you must meet the following requirements to avail of the subsidy benefit under the PMAY scheme.
- You or any of your family members should not own a pucca house anywhere in India
- You or any of your family members should not have availed of financial assistance under any other housing scheme
If you have applied for the PMAY subsidy benefit, you must know how to keep track of the application status. To track your status online, you must follow the below steps:
- First and foremost, visit the official PMAY website – pmaymis.gov.in Select the ‘citizen assessment’ option from the taskbar at the top.
- Under the tab, you will get a drop-down menu. Click on the ‘track your assessment status.’
- When you click on the option, you will be redirected to a new page titled ‘track application status.’
- On this page, you will have two options – option a) By Name, Father’s Name, and Mobile No and option b) Assessment ID.
You can choose any of the above options to track your PMAY application status.
If you choose option a) – Track by Name, Father’s Name, and Mobile No, you must enter the necessary details such as the name of your state, district, city, as provided in the drop-down menu. You must also enter your name, father’s name, and mobile number. Ensure that you enter the name exactly as you mentioned in the PMAY application form.
Once you enter the details in the appropriate sections, click on the submit button, and your application status will be displayed on the screen.
If you choose option b), i.e., track by Assessment ID. You must enter the assessment ID provided to you at the time of submitting your application process. You will also be prompted to enter your phone number and once you enter the necessary details, click on the submit button to view your application status.
Thus, checking the PMAY application status is easy. Make sure that you keep your Assessment ID handy.
Jeff Morgan is currently associated with NetworksGrid as a technical content writer. Through his long years of experience in the IT industry, he has mastered the art of writing quality, engaging and unique content related to IT solutions used by businesses. Topics like network security, managed NOC services and cloud computing are his favorite.