If you feed your body with certain immune rich foods, you will help to keep your immune system in good shape. Here are some powerful immune boosters that you can find in any supermarket for a good diet plan.
- Citrus fruits: If you are suffering from a cold, citrus fruits rich in vitamin C will help to boost the immune system. They increase white blood cell production. Which are essential for fighting infections. Some citrus foods include lemons, clementines, tangerines, lime, oranges and grapefruit. 90 mg for men and 75 mg for women will satisfy your citrus fruit intakes.
- Red Bell Peppers: red bell peppers contain ounce for ounce as much as 3 times of vitamin C. they also happen to be a very rich source of beta carotene. Beta carotene will boost your immune system that converts into vitamin A in the body and helps to keep the skin and eyes in a healthy condition.
- Broccoli: This super food is charged with minerals and vitamins. It has vitamins C, A and E. Because of the antioxidants and fiber in Broccoli, it makes for an essential addition to your platter. Steaming broccoli is the best way to preserve the essential nutrients.
- Garlic: Almost every cuisine in the world contains garlic. It is an essential addition tour diet and it is known to fight infections. Garlic slows down artery hardening and evidence also suggests that it helps to lower your blood pressure. The immune boosting powers for garlic stem from heavy concentrations of allicin, which is a sulpher containing compound.
- Ginger: Ginger is a go to food when it comes to a sore throat and weakness. It decreases inflammation, which reduces symptoms of sore throat and other inflammatory illnesses. T also helps to alleviate nausea. Ginger decreases pain that is chronic in nature and also has cholesterol lowering properties.
- Spinach: Spinach is not only a rich source of vitamin C, but it also has a host of antioxidants and beta carotene. These help to increase the ability of the immune system to fight infections. Spinach has to be cooked sparingly to retain nutrients.
- Yogurt: go for yogurt labels that say” active and live cultures”. These will stimulate your immune system and help to ward off several diseases. Chose yogurts hat are plain instead of sugar loaded and flavored. Plain yogurt can be sweetened by honey and other fruits. A great source of vitamin D, select yogurts that are rich with this vitamin. Vitamin D will help to regulate the immune system and will increase he body’s capability to fight diseases.
- Almonds: Almonds, rich in vitamin E, is a potent antioxidant and is essential for a robust immune system. It happens to be fat soluble, needing fat to be properly absorbed. Almonds are choc a bloc with healthy fats and vitamins.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is used as an anti-inflammatory agent in treating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Curcumin, also helps in decreasing muscle damage brought about by exercise.
Make use of the above diet plan to stay on top of immunity and maintain a healthy style of living.
Jeff Morgan is currently associated with NetworksGrid as a technical content writer. Through his long years of experience in the IT industry, he has mastered the art of writing quality, engaging and unique content related to IT solutions used by businesses.