The obsession over seafood is real for several people in Orange Beach. Home to a number of locals and tourists from all over the world, dining at different seafood restaurants is the highlight of spending time at the beach. There are so many options to choose from, different preparations to try and a way to introduce your taste buds to a burst of different and delectable flavors.
Besides signature seafood dishes, Orange Beach has an assortment of appetizers, salads, and entrees to choose from. Unlimited lunch and dinner varieties make this a go-to destination to splurge on! If you are looking for the best seafood in Orange Beach, this article will guide you through the top seafood collections that you cannot stay away from.
Jump to the next segment to make the foodie in you flourish!
Some of the Best Seafood in Orange Beach
There are more than 30 restaurants and bars serving seafood at Orange Beach. They encompass some of the more common fish varieties, and some exotic options handpicked exclusively for passionate foodies.
No matter you just love food or wish to vlog about it for your next food column, Orange Beach introduces you to some of its finest selections,
- Seafood Platter: A common platter served at almost every seafood restaurant, this platter encompasses fresh selections every day. This means that the platter consists of different seafood options on a regular basis. Carefully fished in the morning by locals, the platter consists of shrimps, fish steak, oysters, and stuffed crab. Served with potato fritters and a signature shrimp slaw, this dish is a local favorite. Whether you’re a couple or a group of five, there is enough for everyone to gorge on.
- Broiled Gulf Oysters: You can find plenty of Oyster Bars in the vicinity. Calamari, Frenchie, Bienville, and Rockefeller are just a few choices to entice your appetites. These broiled gulf oysters are freshly sourced and can be served with shrimps, crabs, parmesan or cheddar, and a foie grass compound to make your dining experience exceptional.
- Shrimp Tacos: Switch over regular tacos with seasoned shrimps, molten cheese, colorful veggies all wrapped in two to three Tortillas to savor. These are popular starters in Oyster bars and seafood restaurants in Orange Beach. Fresh and big Gulf shrimps are chosen for this specialty and served with a dressing of shredded cabbage with an option of Pico and Spicy Mayo.
- Super Shrimp Tempura: A special variety of Sushi rolls, available in select menus at Orange Beach. This signature dish is unique to the Jellyfish Bar & Restaurant and consists of tempura fried shrimp loaded with flavors, with green onion and cheddar served on the sides. The chef completes the dish with shrimp add-ons and a zest of avocado and spicy mayo sauce. The mixture of sweet and spicy ingredients brings out the flavor of these tempura shrimps, subtly balancing their saltiness. The crispiness adds to the joy of devouring seafood.
- Fish Steak: A recurring choice for individuals at Orange Beach, a fish steak is served with fried pieces of local fish, garnished with light spices. A zest of lemon is sprinkled on the meal with a side of coleslaw, mashed potatoes, and barbeque sauce to complete the specialty. It is a great option for lunch and dinner and satiates a group of two. There are quite a few fish steak restaurants in the area.
Indulge in some of the scrumptious meals available at Orange Beach, as you feast on them with a glass of chardonnay. You can also order special combinations available at different seafood restaurants that will help you pair the array of seafood options with the best drink or beverage available.
Don’t just visit Orange Beach to get a tan or take a swim. Appreciate the flavors of seafood and welcome yourself to new and intense flavors like never before. The endless varieties will surely keep you on your toes, and leave a lasting mark for you to revisit Orange Beach sometime soon!