The stunning natural beauty of Montana attracts a large number of people. It is lined with interesting and vibrant cities with so much to do outdoors. The state’s largest city, Billings is a scenic and armed with modern convenience. Also fondly called as Montana’s Trailhead, the city is a perfect blend of history and culture. Find out more about the place if you are considering relocating to Billings.
In terms of employment opportunities, the Metro area is a growing business center. The unemployment rate of 4.1% is less than the national average of 6%. The cost of living is also 5.1% lower than the national average. With a house appreciation rate of 6.3% in the past year, it is considered a good time to purchase a property in Billings.
If Billings appeals to you and if you are considering relocating there you will need to hire auto shipping services to move your vehicle to the destination. It will give you room to tend to other important tasks. Consider hiring the services of US’s top car shipping brokering services like Ship a Car, Inc. for shipping a vehicle to or from Billings Montana. They are connected to a wide network of shipping companies, and will help in choosing the right auto shipping service for your needs.
Things to know before relocating to Billings:
- Close-knit communities: There are several smaller communities in the vicinity of Billings that are also closely connected to each other despite being 200 miles away. Many people who move to Montana are those who have previously resided here. It is like the place keeps pulling them back.
- Friendly people: Montana citizens are friendly who are open to helping their neighbors during their time of need. It is easy to get connected with their communities. There are several activities to indulge it which helps you build a big social circle.
- Casual vibe: Women usually wear jeans, blouse paired with heels while men wear jeans and shirt to work. Only bankers and attorneys wear a suit to work. Fashion-forward people may find this to this casual dress sense to be a culture shock.
- Beer-lovers: The residents love beer, laidback fun and are more of casual drinkers and wear casual attire at clubs.
- Mild weather: The weather can be quite unpredictable with the climate changing in an instant. The weather is usually mild. There are few snow storms during winters and the summers are short.
Get to know more on popular Billings’ neighborhoods before relocating:
- The Rims: Also known as the Rimrocks, the city is surrounded by these sandstone cliffs. The place offers a number of trails and recreational activities.
- The West End: This is the west part of the city and houses chain restaurants, shopping malls, boutiques and local eateries.
- The Heights: The eastern part of the city with their own set of chain restaurants. Housing here is cheaper.
- The Metra: A multi-facility event complex where operas are hosted.
- Lockwood: Suburbs which have separate taxes and rules.
Billings is a great place to relocate to. Plan every detail ahead weeks before the actual moving date to avoid hassles.