Losing someone to the cold hands of death often seems like an uphill battle for many. The emotional turmoil, post-cleaning stress, and property restoration, the catastrophic effects are endless. That is why the operations of reputable death cleanup service has been renowned to shoulder such responsibilities.
The credentials of a death cleanup service company
Pay no mind to crooks parading themselves as professional death scene cleaners; no amount of research is too little to certify your choice of the company because death cleanup is an extensive task. Your choice company must abide by state and local rules across licensing, training, insurance, and credentials. Although they may be established in the early ‘90s, this doesn’t count as experience as emerging companies may offer more attractive portfolio than self-acclaimed ‘oldies in the game’. Take note that efficient death cleanup service often comes from companies that are quick to respond to your calls at any time of the day. A few more reasons to select a death scene cleanup company would be because the company:
- Accepts most insurance
- Accepts major credit cards
- Requires no-obligation estimate
- Possesses hardship and financing programs
Choosing suicide cleanup companies
Trauma, suicide, and death cleanup services involve the evacuation of bodily fluids from crime scenes. Always put your safety and health first by choosing the company with the right procedures and experience.
Nevertheless, death cleanup services are too expensive to waste time hiring the wrong company. When cross-referencing your choice list, go for death cleanup services with:
- Experience – Far from expertise, a company with the right dose of knowledge will turn situations around on a crime scene. A new company, on the other hand, is a recipe for disaster. Let’s say Company A sends half-baked ‘experts’ who fail to administer specified sanitizing procedures on the crime scene. It means that the property owner is predisposed to bacteria or viruses that put their health and safety on the line. Notable companies would have more than two decades of experience across crime scene and bioremediation services with the right portfolio to back up their claims.
- An emphasis on safety – Many death scenes contains bloodborne pathogens such as hepatitis and HIV – both of which can infect the property owners and technicians, at large. Your preferred company should have a checklist that emphasizes the safety standards of the industry.
- Customer-centric attitude – What is the goal of a death cleanup service? To preserve the emotional/mental health and the safety of the family (or victim). Some companies use discreetly marked vehicles to avoid an invasion of privacy. While this point is strictly based on preferences, you may also opt for companies with discreet mode of operations. On arrival, the company should document their methods and costs for the insurance company.
- 24/7 availability – Day or night, tragedy doesn’t announce itself before it strikes. Therefore, death cleanup service companies should always be available for emergency calls. Whether via phone calls or online requests, a professional company should be at the ready with its team of technicians for distress calls.