Keeping a check of your bank statements is essential to understand where your money goes. A bank statement includes the account number, financial transactions such as withdrawals and deposits, deductions, and charges. These details help track your finances, picking any transactions you might have missed. Fortunately, getting hold of your bank statements has become easy. You can download your bank statements by using internet banking.
Steps to download a bank statement using personal internet banking
- Visit your bank’s website.
- Log on to your net banking account.
- Once you have logged into the net banking portal, search for the ‘My Accounts’ option.
- Choose the ‘Statement of Accounts’ option.
- Choose your preferred bank account.
- Select the date range for the bank statement.
- Click on the ‘Download PDF’ option. Do note that some banks would not have this option. In such cases, you must click on the ‘Print’ option and select ‘Save as .PDF’.
Simple, isn’t it? Keep in mind that every bank has its process. It means that there could be differences in the processes of each bank when it comes to providing customers with the option of downloading bank statements.
IDFC FIRST Bank and the other top banks in India offer the most seamless experience while downloading bank statements. With IDFC FIRST Bank, you can download your bank statement and perform other banking activities within minutes.
But today, internet banking is not the only option through which you can get hold of your bank statements. Read on to learn about other ways in which you can download bank statements.
- Downloading bank statements through mobile banking
Banking has become easy. Banks provide the facility of mobile banking to their customers, which eliminates the need to make visits to the bank. You can also use mobile banking to download bank statements. All you need to do is to log in to your mobile banking app and visit the ‘Account Summary’ section. In this section, you can select the date range of the bank statement and download it on your smartphone.
- Customers can also opt to get an e-statement
Apart from the bank’s internet banking and mobile banking facilities, customers can also opt for e-statements. Do note that to get an e-statement, you must ensure that your email ID is registered with your bank. By choosing this, you will receive an e-statement to your email ID each month, and you can then download the bank statement to your smartphone.
You can download a bank statement through net banking, mobile banking, or an e-statement free of cost. All you need is a smartphone and a stable internet connection. Also, e-statements are environment-friendly as they’re paperless.