Neurological conditions require ongoing care to ensure the individual is able to maximize their function. These conditions can affect the ability to walk, to talk, to work and to engage fully in social life. Treatments for these conditions continue to improve, allowing patients to enjoy a more active, more fulfilling life. Crystal Run Healthcare in Newburgh, NY, provides treatment for a broad range of neurological conditions. If you are looking for Newburgh neurology care, you can trust Crystal Run Healthcare.
Common Neurological Conditions We Treat
Neurological conditions encompass a wide variety of problems that affect the brain, spinal cord and the nerves. Patients may be diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, brain injury, migraine headaches, Guillain-Barre syndrome, epilepsy, stroke or Alzheimer’s disease. Individuals who have suffered a spinal cord injury may require treatment to maximize their function. Various types of seizure disorders can occur that affect daily living. Bell’s palsy, cerebral aneurysm and infections such as encephalitis may all require treatment for nerve problems as a result of the disorder.
Diagnosing Neurological Problems
A wide variety of tests and techniques are used by neurology specialists to pinpoint a problem for diagnosis, such as:
- Computer tomography creates radiographic images of brain structures, which are often enhanced by using injected chemicals to highlight specific areas.
- Cerebral angiogram detects narrowing of blood vessels in the head, neck and brain, to determine blockages and vascular malformations.
- Carotid ultrasound uses sound waves to determine the condition of the carotid artery.
- Electroencephalogram uses electrodes attached to the scalp to measure brain activity and to detect changes in brain wave patterns.
- Discography uses x-ray guided instruments to determine the condition of spinal discs that may be causing pain and dysfunction.
- Cognitive tests, nerve tests and other types of testing are available for patients.
Treatment of Neurological Conditions
Physicians may use a wide range of treatments and therapies to manage neurological conditions. Seizure activity can be helped by a variety of medications. Physical therapy or other therapeutic measures may be recommended. A variety of surgical techniques are used to help relieve discomfort and regain function. Many of these procedures use minimally invasive techniques that speed recovery.
Our Skilled Specialists Can Help
Diagnosing neurological issues requires careful attention to small details and a deep understanding of the technologies used. An experienced physician will listen carefully to patients, understanding that they can provide some of the most critical information regarding symptoms and problems with function. Your physician will also carefully monitor your progress to ensure that you are receiving the greatest benefit from the treatment and therapies.
Choose Crystal Run Healthcare For Newburgh Neurology Care
The highly trained, experienced physicians take an individualized approach for their patients Crystal Run Healthcare in Newburgh, NY to help them manage their condition effectively. We offer comprehensive testing and treatment, with a commitment to patient care. Contact Crystal Run Healthcare in Newburgh today at 845-725-0100 for an appointment to learn about our neurology services.